FRAGMENT: Extended Edition
A downloadable game for Windows
Fragment is a side scrolling retro inspired survival horror.
Rose Ilya enters an abandoned mining facility, where she must take as many crystal fragments as possible and bring them to the fountain of life. On her journey down she'll encounter many crystallised monsters and doors to unlock. Your ammo is limited and your oxygen is running out, so you'll have to choose your paths wisely.
Fragment: Extended Edition introduces many new features:
- New enemies, new map: The facility has been massively expanded upon with new enemies and traps, with a map screen so that you wont get lost.
- Limited Oxygen: Your air is constantly depleting and can be only recovered by collecting fragments.
- New Difficulty Modes: Play without your helmet and see your oxygen drain even faster. Or try beating the game with only one hit before death.
- Time Trials: The best times for each game mode will be shown in your records, perfect for speed running and for bragging to your friends!
- Sound Test: Listen to all the music tracks, voice clips and sound effects! Including previously unused ones!
- Full English Voice Acting with Subtitles: A marriage of cinematic thrills and retro inspired gameplay.
- Xbox controller and rumble support: Hear the controller beat to the rhythm of Rose's heart the more health she looses.
- In-game tutorials: For first time players the control prompts are always on screen, and can be optionally turned off.
|Action||Keys (Keyboard)||Buttons (Xbox 360/ One controller)|
|Move||Arrows||Analog stick/ D-pad|
|Run||C||X/ Press in the left stick|
|Fire Gun (while aiming)||Z||LT|
|Jump (Context sensitive)||Z||A|
|Press Switch (Context sensitive)||Z||A|
|Map Screen||Shift||Back/ View|
|Accept (Menu)||X||A/ Start/ Menu|
|Charlie Works Productions|
|Angus Beer||Director, Lead Artist, Animator, Sound FX, Programmer|
|Erin Makepeace||Music, Logo design|
|James Wills||Environment Artist, 3D Modeller|
|Paige Lucas-Dean||Social Media, Website|
|Voice Acting Roles|
|Erin Makepeace||Rose Ilya|
|David Makepeace||Mystery Man|
|Angus Beer||Helmet Voice|
© Angus Beer/ Charlie Work Productions 2019, 2020, 2021.
|Updated||11 days ago|
|Release date||May 13, 2019|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, Female Protagonist, GameMaker, High Score, Pixel Art, Singleplayer, Speedrun, Survival Horror, Voice Acting, Zombies|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
This game is compatible for Windows Computers only. To play, simply download the zip file. Once downloaded, select extract all and choose a location of your choosing. Select FRAGMENT.exe and proceed to play!
If you need to change settings or delete your save data simply head to the options screen!
- Fragment Anniversary!78 days ago
- Original Script and Design DocsMar 05, 2021
- Sound Test added!Feb 27, 2021
- 1000 Downloads and Future of FragmentJul 08, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really like what you've done. There are a few quality of life issues I think would vastly improve the experience.
Screen options are limited to full screen or window, but there is no changing the actual size that I saw. With such a low resolution style game (which I like by the way) I feel like being able to play in a smaller window would make sense.
Pressing Escape ends the game. This is unfortunate, as I always assume escape will bring up the menu. Even knowing this does not help as pressing Escape is almost an instinctual habit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Should have replied ages ago but I updated it to fix those those things. Window is now resizable and Esc pauses in-game and quits only on the main menu! :)
Very cool! I wonder whether I missed any areas and if there are any bonus endings. I guess I'll find out in no helmet mode next time...
Great job guys, keep it up.
i like the overall game but i don't like the control
Having mouse control of aiming would be great actually. I missed being able to do that. Also, WASD for movement and SPACE for jump are pretty universal these days, so that would improve things.
i was anticipating a game where i'd be blasting zombies left and right, but i was pleasantly surprised to find its sparse combat and eerie atmosphere were reminiscent of classic resident evil games. also surprised to see it had an arcade element with a high score. only gripes are a lack of time bonus for finishing fast and awkward button prompts to jump. great pixel art and animation. loved the voice acting; the VAs did well and it really made the game stand out.
Good game, love it, it has a little bit of Metroid feel to it, very well done.
That was fun. It reminded me of Bio Menace.
SUCH A GREAT GAME!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DEVELOPING IT.
That game remind me good old days when games were made for fun and challenge instead of financial success. Simply good, nice played shooter-arcade-horror that remind me good ol days with Dangerous Dave. Existence of such games keep me believe that game making is still sort of art :3 . Thank You for that experience and game. Wish You success in all Your ways and beginings.
Such a nice game! Very atmospheric! If you make it 10+ hours with an interesting story and maybe more puzzle gameplay, it could be super cool game experience!
Looks good, I'm planning on playing it soon.